Planning/zoning is an area of law where political and policy considerations can be paramount and a lawyer needs to be familiar with strategic issues as well as the detailed aspects of any scheme.
Our town planning lawyers have specialist public and private sector experience of all aspects of development and planning law, policy and practice, public law and local government.
The team is renowned for its expertise in tall building developments, urban regeneration and infrastructure projects. Our planning lawyers secure planning permission for clients and negotiate planning agreements and development plans. Knowledge of heritage issues and expertise in environmental impact assessments are also key elements of the firm’s practice. Market-leading property groups and investment banks depend on the firm’s expert deployment of strategic and tactical argument in complex public inquiries.
Our public law experts advise business and local and national government bodies on highways issues, business rates, compulsory purchase, local government, judicial review and Parliamentary proceedings.
Recent transactions include advising:
- Aroland Holdings on planning matters in relation to 1 Undershaft, London. If successful, this would be the City’s tallest tower
- Various parties on a proposed tall building redevelopment on Blackfriars Road, Southwark
- Land Securities on its plans for 20 Fenchurch Street, EC3, known as the ‘Walkie-Talkie’ building
- Great Portland Estates on its plans for redevelopment of 100 Bishopsgate, EC2
- Native Land – GC Bankside LLP on its planning application for the site known as Bankside 4, Southwark, London SE1
- Grainger Plc on the development of Newlands Common, a major development to the west of Waterlooville in South Hampshire