"I deal with complex labour law issues on diverse topics and seek pragmatic solutions for our clients. I regularly advise on employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions, international business restructurings and consultation processes."
Laura deals with a wide range of labour law issues and advises clients on diverse topics and assists them with proceedings before Belgian courts. Her main areas of practice include individual termination, collective dismissals and closure of undertakings, discrimination issues, employment benefits, expatriates, labour litigation and general employment law advice. Laura also specialises in pension aspects, with a focus on pension aspects in cross-border transactions.
Laura has advised on a wide range of employment law matters. Her recent transactions include advising:
- the co-ordination of employment aspects for six countries involved in the sale of part of Agfa Gevaert’s healthcare IT activities;
- advising on issues following an extensive social inspection of a construction site where a data centre is currently being built whereby more than 100 different subcontractors were involved and more than 2,000 different employees and self-employed persons;
- an automotive company on multiple litigations involving 194 blue collars who claim a white-collar status, whereby parties are trying to settle as many cases as possible;
- the employment aspects relating to the sale of AXA Bank Belgium;
- a chemical company in relation to individual termination advisories and labour court proceedings.
Laura joined Linklaters in 2016. From 2015 to 2016 she worked as an Associate at Lydian in Antwerp.
Laura has been affiliated to the Institute for Labour Law (KU Leuven) as from 2016.
Laura holds a master’s degree in Law from the University of Antwerp and a master’s degree in Pension Law from the Catholic University of Leuven.
Laura is a frequent speaker at seminars.
Laura speaks Dutch, English and French.
- “Loopbaanonderbreking tot de pensioenleeftijd en vervangingsovereenkomsten”, in Nieuw Juridisch Weekblad, 2018, afl. afl. 383, pp.447, author.
- “Informatie- en raadplegingsverplichtingen van werknemers en overlegorganen bij vennootschapstransacties (Deel I)”, in Oriëntatie 2018/6, Wolters Kluwer, pp.154 - 165, co-author.
- “Informatie- en raadplegingsverplichtingen van werknemers en overlegorganen bij vennootschapstransacties (Deel II)”, in Oriëntatie 2019/1, Wolters Kluwer, pp.2 - 16, co-author.