Senior U.S. Associate, Washington, D.C.
Education and qualifications
Meredith is a senior associate in Linklaters’ U.S. dispute resolution group, where her practice focuses on white collar criminal defense, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the False Claims Act (FCA), international sanctions compliance, cross-border regulatory compliance and cross-border commercial disputes.
Meredith currently serves as the Vice Chair for Rule of Law for the ABA International Law Section's Anti-Corruption Committee. She also has a strong commitment to pro bono service, governance and rule-of-law initiatives. She has devoted significant time to representing refugees appealing negative immigration determinations and writing amicus briefs on behalf of the National Women’s Law Center and American Jewish Committee in the U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Third Circuit and Fourth Circuit, and on behalf of the University of Buenos Aires Human Rights Clinic in the African Commission on Human and People’s Rights. She is a member of the firm’s Women’s Network Committee.
Meredith's Most notable works include:
- Numerous industry-leading multinational companies: advising on compliance and internal investigations into Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, fraud, and anti-corruption issues; investigations by international organizations and multi-lateral development banks; and regarding the application of U.S. sanctions programs.
- Multinational construction equipment manufacturer: acting as independent compliance consultant to evaluate and provide binding recommendations on company-wide global compliance programs.
- Multiple leading construction firms: representing in investigations and settlement negotiations with a multilateral development bank regarding prohibited practices in major infrastructure projects.
- Global textile company: representing in a DOJ Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation that concluded with no action by the DOJ.
- Global telecommunications company: conducting multiple internal investigations into Foreign Corrupt Practices Act issues.
- Global insurance company: advising in a multijurisdictional DOJ Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation.
Meredith has been appointed to an ABA committee which is quite central to practice.
Meredith was a member of NYU’s Global Justice Clinic, Legal Assistant at the International Law Commission at the United Nations in Geneva, and Senior Developments Editor for the Journal of International Law and Politics.
She previously worked for several international foundations and non-governmental organizations. She was also a Junior Fellow in Democracy and Rule of Law at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, where she conducted conducting research, policy analysis, and writing on political development and rule-of-law reform.
Other work highlights include:
- Air France/KLM: advising in a DOJ False Claims Act investigation involving airmail logistics.
- Multinational mining company: Advising on issues relating to risk, anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering, sanctions, and human rights.
- Global industrial gas company: advising in high-profile merger control proceedings.
- Multiple senior executives: advising in fraud, anti-money laundering, and Bank Secrecy Act investigations.
- Senior financial executives: representing in internal investigations into violations of securities laws.
- Senior pharmaceutical executives: advising in a DOJ antitrust investigation and related civil litigation.
- Leading construction firm: advising on commercial disputes.
- Leading financial firm: advising on contractual indemnity disputes.
Education and qualifications
Meredith holds a Juris Doctor from New York University School of Law, where she received the Vanderbilt Medal for Outstanding Contributions to the School of Law and the Journal of International Law and Politics Prize.
She graduated summa cum laude from Wellesley College, where she double majored in Anthropology and Political Science, received Honors in Anthropology, and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, Eta Chapter of Massachusetts.
Meredith is proficient in French.