Senior U.S. Associate, Washington D.C.
Sterling's practice includes securities, financial services, and complex commercial litigation; federal appellate practice; and government investigations. His experience centers on fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims against global financial institutions, multinational corporations, and their officers and directors, with an emphasis on claims involving structured financial products.
Sterling was recently involved in the defense of:
- a multi-national company against charges of criminal false statements and a related derivative action
- a broker-dealer regarding its sale of auction rate securities
- a banking syndicate member in litigations arising from the acquisition of a major advertising and media company by two private equity firms
- a global banking institution against securities class action claims
- global banking institution related to its role in the structuring and sale of sophisticated financial products