“I focus on M&A deals, specialising in cross-border transactions. I take particular pride in helping clients bridge legal, cultural and practical differences to ensure that deals are successfully completed.”
As of our most senior partners in the Corporate practice in Germany, Wolfgang offers more than 25 years’ experience advising on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and on domestic and international general corporate law. He has developed longstanding relationships with major corporates, including assisting many foreign companies from all-over the world in all their German and European transactions.
Wolfgang is very active in the promotion of the firms capabilities acting as co-head of the firm’s global Infrastructure and Transport sector, head of the German China Desk and also as co-head of the German Latin America Desk. He was also instrumental in the development of the German insolvency practice.
Wolfgang headed the German Corporate practice and was a member of the Germany executive committee, the management body of the firm’s German offices, between 2004 and 2007 and the International Board of the firm between [●] and [●].
Before joining Linklaters in 2001, Wolfgang was a partner with Oppenhoff & Rädler, a firm that eventually formed part of Linklaters & Alliance in Germany.
Wolfgang has led on a wide range of national and cross-border corporate transactions. These include advising:
- Compaňia Sud Americana de Vapores (CSAV) on the merger of its container shipping division with Hapag-Lloyd and the acquisition of a 34% share in Hapag-Lloyd, on Hapag-Lloyd’s IPO and merger with United Arab Shipping Company (UASC)
- John Deere on the acquisition of the Wirtgen Group
- Wuhan Iron and Steel Company (WISCO) on the acquisition of the worldwide tailored blanks division from ThyssenKrupp
- Turkish Airlines on a joint venture with Deutsche Lufthansa to form SunExpress Deutschland
- Deutsche Postbank on the acquisition of BHF Capital, New York, the divestment of Deutsche Postbank Home Finance (India) and VÖB-ZVD Netzbetrieb
- VION Food Group on the sale of the Tatiara Meat Company to Swift Australia, a wholly owned subsidiary of JBS of Brazil, as well as various other M&A deals
Wolfgang is on the Board of Trustees of the Bucerius Law School in Hamburg, and is a trustee of the American Friends of Bucerius in New York City, USA.
Wolfgang is also on the Executive Board of zebra, a breast cancer charity association based in Düsseldorf
- Rottapharm on the acquisition of Madaus Pharma
- Air Berlin on the acquisition of 49% of Belair Airlines, including a joint venture agreement with Hotelplan AG, the planned acquisition of Condor Flugdienst and on the sale of its airline catering units