Professor Edwin Peel on termination and repudiation of contracts
You want to terminate a contract. Perhaps it is no longer profitable for you or circumstances have changed so it’s difficult for you to comply.
Perhaps it’s a counterparty who wants to terminate - and you dispute their grounds.
If the rights are set out clearly in your contract, then there isn’t a problem. But what if they are not?
This session will consider key issues in termination.
In this session. Professor Edwin Peel of Oxford University will look at key issues in termination including:
- When can you terminate?
- What is the difference between termination for “repudiatory breach” and “contractual termination”?
- How do you terminate (drafting the notice)? Does it matter?
- Can you lose the right to terminate?
- What is the effect of a wrongful termination?
- What should you be considering when you are drafting termination clauses?
Who will this seminar be of interest to?
In-house legal teams and those involved in commercial drafting.
Click here to view our speakers’ biography.