Towards a New Belgian Civil Code – A 360° Approach
An extensive legislative reform of the Belgian Civil Code is underway, aiming to codify or modernise backbone rules of the laws of property, obligations, contracts and evidence.
16 October 2018
- An in-depth introduction of the reform in each of the proposed Books of the future Belgian Civil Code (Book III, V and VIII) as well as the transitory provisions
- The attendance to one of the five simultaneously-held bilingual workshops highlighting, through specific themes, the practical impact of the expected reform in various areas:
- M&A (conditions precedent and transfer of contracts)
25 October 2018
- A short overview of the salient points of the reform
- The attendance to two of the above workshops (bilingual)
A more thorough description of the different workshops, as well as several organisational details, can be found in our interactive brochure.