Workshop: Plugging the UK into EU agencies and certification bodies
You are cordially invited to attend a workshop during which industry representatives will present and discuss workable solutions on the UK’s relationship with EU single market agencies and bodies that are compatible with EU law, and which remain within the European Council’s Guidelines, allowing for the best market access.
Linklaters is honoured to co-organize this event with the Federation of German Industries (BDI), Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (SWP) and Hanbury Strategy.
Questions to be explored:
- Could a UK body/agency authorise a product for circulation in the EU?
- Could the EU accept conformity assessments issued by UK bodies?
- In addition to the rules on goods, would the UK need to align on unincorporated production processes and methods.
- Would the UK bodies be able to somehow participate in EU agencies?
- What would happen the other way around? Could the UK unilaterally recognise EU authorisations?
On data and telecoms:
- Could the UK participate in some form in BEREC or EDPB?
- The process of adequacy assessments and a potential cliff edge for data.
On financial services:
- Is there any scenario (other than EEA membership) that would allow the UK to participate in the ESAs?
- If not, what would be the options for regulatory cooperation between the UK and EU regulators?
Please advise us if you require any special assistance at this event.