M&A and Private Equity Roundtable 2019: Public M&A on the rise
31 January 2019
Linklaters Brussels - Auditorium & Anteroom
Our annual roundtable will focus on the rise of public M&A in Europe. Besides some mega deals, such as Takeda’s takeover bid on Shire, public takeover bids or mergers of listed companies are gathering pace. Trade tensions do not seem to affect this trend as yet, and cross-border activity remains strong.
This session will focus on trends and challenges in public takeover bids (as bidder or as target), from a European perspective.
- dissect complex and cross-border public M&A deals
- identify common pitfalls and solutions
- go through a case study which will be based on several recent deals and will reflect trends that we have witnessed in challenging transactions.
Like the previous editions of the M&A and Private Equity Roundtable, this small-group event will be interactive and will look at issues from different angles.
We will aim to define the recipes for a successful M&A deal in the current economic environment.
We will be joined by Peter Hujoel, Executive Director at JP Morgan, who is active in several high-profile M&A transactions and IPOs of Belgian companies and by Ian Hunter, who has specialist knowledge in the areas of UK Takeover Code-governed transactions, UK Listing Rules reform and shareholder activism.
CFOs, heads of strategy and M&A, private equity professionals, heads of legal departments.
- 12:00 – 12:30 Registration and buffet lunch
- 12:30 – 12:40 Introductory remarks
- 12:40 – 14:00 Roundtable discussion
- 14:00 Closing drink and coffee
- Arnaud Coibion, Corporate/M&A Partner, Linklaters, Brussels
- Peter Hujoel, Executive Director, JP Morgan
- Ian Hunter, Corporate/M&A Partner, Linklaters, London
- Filip Lecoutre, Corporate/M&A Counsel, Linklaters, Brussels/Antwerp
- Charles-Antoine Leunen, Banking and Finance Partner, Linklaters, Brussels
- Thierry L’Homme, Corporate/M&A Counsel, Linklaters, Brussels
Given the roundtable format of this event, spaces are limited and registration is on a first come, first served basis.
If you wish to attend, or require additional info on this event, please contact Pamela.Milano@linklaters.com