Webinar: The Global Reach of the California Consumer Privacy Act – Is your business caught?
Taking full effect on January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) has been heralded as a major step in the protection of consumer data in the United States and a forerunner of changes to come in other US states and possibly for comprehensive national privacy legislation. Since passed, the CCPA has left businesses and consumers with more questions than answers, and still more amendments are expected in the coming months. During the one-hour webinar, we’ll cover:
- Who and what is protected by the CCPA and when does it apply?
- Does the CCPA apply to businesses outside of California and even outside of the United States?
- How does the CCPA differ from EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and what else do I need to do to comply?
- What impact will the CCPA (as amended) have on my business?
There will be a short Q&A session at the end of the webinar. If you have any questions that you would like to put to our speakers, please send these in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to include these but given the time restraints, it may not be possible to address all questions received.
We very much hope you can join us!
We appreciate that this timing might not suit all time zones. If you are unable to make it, the webinar will be recorded and made available online afterwards.
Speakers will be drawn from:
- Mary Stone Ross – Co-author of the California Consumer Privacy Act and Principal, MSR Strategies
- Adam Lurie – Head of US Dispute Resolution Practice, Linklaters, Washington, D.C. and New York
- Caitlin Potratz Metcalf – Managing Associate, Linklaters, Washington, D.C.
- Peter Church – TMT Counsel, Linklaters, London