Energy & Natural Resources
As well as our track record in developed economies our lawyers around the world have unrivalled experience in advising on transactions in emerging markets across Latin America, Central & Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Our clients recognise our reputation for delivering difficult, innovative, cross border transactions. Such transactions form the foundations of our clients’ strategic aspirations as global energy and natural resources markets evolve and cross border activity and interdependence increase. With our detailed understanding of the commercial environment in which our clients operate we are ideally placed to help our clients achieve their aims.
Recent deals include advising:
- the Area 4 Partners on the development and project financing of the $10bn Coral FLNG project in Mozambique – the first ever project financing of a Floating LNG project and by far the biggest ever sub-Saharan project financing
- the Funders on the multi-source financing of the world’s largest new-build biomass power plant in Tees Valley (IJGlobal 2017, European Biomass Deal of the Year; Trade Finance Awards 2017 EMEA, Deal of the Year; PFI Awards 2016, Power Deal of the Year 2017)
- the Sponsors on the “Horn of Africa Pipeline Project” in conjunction with our alliance firm, Webber Wentzel. The project will substantially increase the refined products offloading, storage and transport capabilities of both Djibouti and Ethiopia
- Macquarie Capital and Macquarie Infrastructure Real Assets (Europe) Limited on the acquisition and financing of 50% of the shares in the Race Bank Offshore Wind Farm from DONG Energy Wind Power A/S
- the Sponsors on the £1.3billion project financing for the Dudgeon project – one of the world’s biggest offshore wind farms
- the sponsors, SSE Renewables, Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners and SDIC Power, on the construction and financing of the £2.6bn 588-megawatt, 84 turbine Beatrice offshore wind farm
- Macquarie as financier and supplier on the crude oil and refined oil product intermediation financing for Heide oil refinery in Germany