We are distinguished by our in-depth understanding and experience of each sector of the infrastructure market. Through our international network of offices and lawyers we bring this experience to bear for the benefit of our clients wherever they are doing deals.
Our areas of expertise include water and wastewater, airports, ports, roads, rail, bridges and tunnels, health, education, defence, telecoms, waste and waste to energy, stadia and now rapidly evolving sectors such as offshore transmission and nuclear decommissioning.
Our market leading experience means we are the firm of choice to advise sponsors, lenders, contractors and governments on their most complex and innovative Private Finance Initiative (PFI) / Public-Private Partnership (PPP)projects in the UK and worldwide.
Recent transactions include advising:
- a consortium of investors on their £2bn acquisition of London City Airport (European M&A Deal of the Year, Infrastructure Journal Awards 2016)
- funders on the £14bn purchase of National grid’s UK gas distribution business (NGGD) (The largest ever energy infrastructure deal)
- Borealis Infrastructure, AP1, AP3 and Folksam on their €6.6bn acquisition of Fortum Distribution in Sweden (Ellevio), the largest ever Nordic infrastructure acquisition (European M&A deal of the year, Project Finance International Awards 2015)
- 3i in relation to the purchase of a portfolio of seven infrastructure assets in the UK, Italy and Spain owned by EISER Infrastructure
- The EIB in relation to the implementation of the Project Bond Credit Enhancement (PBCE) for the purposes of financing the 50-year concession contract for the operation, maintenance and development of the sea-ports of Calais and Boulogne-sur-Mer (Port deal of the year, Project Finance International Awards 2016)
- AfDB, IFC, JBIC and NEXI on the financing of the Nacala rail and port project in Malawi and Mozambique (The largest infrastructure project on the continent)
- Thames Water on the procurement of the infrastructure provider for the Thames Tideway Tunnel and the development of the regulatory and contractual framework for the design, financing, construction, operation and maintenance of the tunnel (Infrastructure Deal of the Year, Project Finance International Awards 2015)
- the sponsor consortium of Aeroports de Paris Management, VINCI Airports and Astaldi Concessioni in connection with the $900m expansion, development and financing of Santiago Airport