Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions
The U.S. corporate/M&A team represents a wide range of leading U.S. and international corporations, financial institutions and private equity funds. The team has extensive experience with both public and private domestic and cross-border transactions.
Representative experience includes advising:
- Digital Colony Partners: advising on the acquisition of Highline do Brasil II Infraestrutura de Telecomunicações S.A. (an independent infrastructure solutions provider for the telecommunications industry in Brazil), from Pátria Investments (one of the largest private equity funds in Latin America). This was Digital Colony’s inaugural investment in Brazil and is part of its strategy to invest in digital infrastructure assets in Latin America
- Linde: advising on three further divestments and the completion of a complex carve-out which finally cleared the path for the business combination of Linde AG and Praxair, Inc. to form a new enterprise (Linde plc.) with an aggregated market capitalization of close to US$100bn
- ASSA ABLOY: advising on its acquisitions of 4Front Engineered Solutions, Ameristar Fence Products, Amarr Company, Jerith Manufacturing, August Home, Security Holdings, LLC d/b/a Pioneer, Concept Frames, Inc., Luxer Holdings, KEYper Systems and LifeSafety Power and the divestiture of its wood doors business line to Masonite
- Marfrig: advising the Brazilian protein company, on the US$2.4bn sale of its U.S. and Asia chicken business Keystone to Tyson Foods and on the initial US$969m acquisition of a 51% interest in the U.S. beef processor National Beef and on the follow-up acquisition of a further 31% interest in National Beef from Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (Jefferies)
- Petrobras: advising on the US$562m sale of its U.S. refinery Pasadena to Chevron, on the US$1.1bn joint venture with Murphy Oil to exploit oil producing assets in the U.S., and on the US$1.53bn sale of its 50% interest in a Nigerian oil business
- Montagu Private Equity: advising the London-based private equity house, on their acquisition of the flexographic printing division of Kodak, and on its acquisition of Jane’s from IHS Markit for US$470m
- Mayfair Equity Partners: advising on its acquisition of a U.S. sushi business operating under the tradenames “Snowfox” and “SushiBox” from its founder
- BC Partners: advising the global private equity firm, on the strategic acquisition by Keter US, Inc. of Adams Mfg. Corp., a manufacturer and supplier of outdoor plastic furniture, decorative lights and suction cup products
- Whirlpool Corporation: advising on the US$1.08bn sale of its Embraco compressor business to Nidec Corporation, a leading manufacturer of electric motors
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company: advising on the US$59bn acquisition of Shire plc. In 2018 this was the largest recorded public M&A deal in the world and the largest takeover ever carried out by a Japanese company
- AMEC: advising on its US$3.2bn acquisition of Foster Wheeler.
- Sibanye Gold: advising on its US$2.2bn acquisition of Stillwater Mining Company
- Sibanye Stillwater: advising on its transaction with Regulus Resources that led to the formation and spinoff of Aldebaran Resources
- Xtep International Holdings: advising on its US$260m acquisition of 100% stake in E.Land Footwear USA Holdings Inc. (the ultimate owner of the K-Swiss, Palladium and Supra brands) from E-Land World Limited, the ultimate parent company of the E-Land Group, a South Korean fashion and retail group, and E-Land USA Holdings Inc.
- Petrochemical Industries Company K.S.C.: advising on the US$3.2bn sale of MEGlobal, together with its joint venture partner Dow Chemical Company, to EQUATE PetrochemicalCompany K.S.C.C.
- DONG Energy Wind Power U.S. Inc.: advising on its entry into a 50/50 joint venture with Eversource Energy to develop, construct and operate a utility-scale wind project off the coast of Massachusetts with the potential to generate over 2,000 megawatts of electricity.