Environment & Climate Change Managing Associate, London
"I advise clients on a broad range of environmental, social and governance issues, including on the application of international environmental and social standards to projects and the allocation and management of EHS liabilities on transactions."
Education and qualifications
Aileen advises clients on environmental, social and security issues on energy and infrastructure projects, including the application of international sustainability standards, and the allocation and management of environmental, health and safety liabilities in mergers and acquisitions.
A selection of Aileen’s recent experience includes advising:
- sponsors and the borrower on the US$1.1 billion financing to build one of the largest and most energy-efficient dissolving wood pulp plants in the world, including advising on the application of international environmental and social standards
- a consortium of ECAs and lenders on the environmental aspects of the US$2bn project financing of the 376 MW Formosa 2 offshore wind project in Taiwan
- the purchaser of certain assets of British Steel on environmental, health and safety issues
- a consortium of ECAs and lenders on the environmental and social aspects of the project financing of the Yamal LNG project, including negotiating the application of a range of commercial bank and ECA environmental and social standards
- a consortium of ECAs and commercial lenders to the US$5bn Nacala rail project in Mozambique and Malawi on the application of international environmental and social standards, including the negotiation of complex environmental and social provisions, and the environmental and social action plan
- on the global strategic and crisis management aspects of a major corporation’s response to a high-profile product liability issue