US Associate, New York
Education and qualifications
Francis is an associate in the Global Energy and Infrastructure Group based in New York. He represents project sponsors and other project participants in domestic and cross-border project financing transactions.
Before attending law school, Francis was an officer in the United States Marine Corps.
Francis has advised clients on a variety of project finance transactions. These include advising:
- the sponsor in the financing of an 600,000-metric ton pellet mill in Arkansas, U.S.A., along with ongoing biomass-related transactions both domestically and internationally
- the sponsors in the financing of a 115MW AC wind power plant in Chile
- the sponsors in the financing of a 115 MW DC photovoltaic power plant in Chile
- a global offshore wind developer on its joint venture and entrance into the U.S. offshore wind market
- the sponsors in the ongoing financing of five solar photovoltaic plants (totalling 191MW) in Brazil