Linklaters’ European private equity practice tops Mergermarket’s European buyout tables
For the second year running, Linklaters’ pan-European private equity practice has been ranked first by both value and deal count by Mergermarket in its 2014 overview. Throughout 2014, Linklaters advised the buying sponsor on 38 European buyout deals valued at US$15,234m, representing more deals and a higher total deal value than any other law firm.
Key deals include advising:
- Macquarie Group Limited and Wren House Infrastructure Management on the £1.98bn acquisition of E.ON Espana S.L from E.ON SE, the largest Spanish deal completed in 2014.
- The Carlyle Group on its agreement with GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, to become a co-shareholder in RAC.
- The Carlyle Group on the sale of Sermenta Group to the Le Mer family.
- Hony Capital on the acquisition of the Pizza Express Group.
- IK Investment Partners on the EUR 1.4bn sale of Minimax Viking Group.
Alex Woodward, co-head of Linklaters’ private equity sector group, said:
“2014 was an excellent year for our pan-European private equity team, where we have worked closely with our financial sponsor clients on many of their most strategic investments and exits across many sectors, including financial services, healthcare, energy, infrastructure, real estate and TMT.”