ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2017
Linklaters is delighted to have won three awards at the ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2017 hosted last night in Jakarta. The Awards pay tribute to the outstanding performances of private practice and in-house teams.
The following awards were received:
- International Deal Firm of the Year - Linklaters Singapore
- M&A Deal of the Year - Investments in GO-JEK
- Deal of the Year - Investments in GO-JEK
The GO-JEK deal was a market leading transaction where we advised Farallon Capital on its Series D investment in PT Aplikasi Karya Anak Bangsa (“AKAB”). AKAB is the owner of GO-JEK, Indonesia's leading ride-hailing and on-demand mobile application. This transaction underscores the increasing interests of financial sponsors in disruptive technology companies and was the largest single-round fund-raise by financial sponsors in a Southeast Asian technology company.
Alongside the three awards above, we were also shortlisted for the following deal awards:
- Debt Market Deal of the Year - Perusahaan Listrik Negara's Establishment of GMTN Programme
- M&A Deal of the Year – (1) DBS' Acquisition of ANZ's Retail and Wealth Management Businesses and (2) Hillhouse Capital's Investment in Traveloka
- Project Finance Deal of the Year -Tangguh LNG Train 3 Expansion Project
These nominations showcase our strong capability across all sectors and are a reflection of how our Indonesia practice continues to grow from strength to strength underpinned by the strong working relationship between Linklaters and Widyawan & Partners.