The world’s leading businesses rely on the firm’s specialist disputes team to devise the appropriate strategy to handle complex, cross-border and high-value M&A litigation.
The group advises on all aspects of private and public M&A litigation and related issues around the world. Linklaters’ litigators are experienced in all aspects of M&A transactions and have industry-leading expertise in disputes relating to public offers and warranty agreements.
Major international listed companies, banks and investment funds trust Linklaters to understand their business requirements and solve their most exacting and potentially damaging transactional disputes. A strategic, rather than a mechanistic, approach to M&A litigation is the group’s hallmark.
Recent M&A cases include:
- defending the interests of a leading bank in the context of a claim brought by the holder of bonds issued by a bankrupt company who alleges that the bank, as de facto manager of the bankrupt company, is liable for inducing it to breach the terms and conditions of the bond and for making fraudulent decisions which led the company to bankruptcy
- defending a telecom company, which is about to have its shareholding diluted and lose its majority shareholding in its subsidiary in an African country
- defending a company in a post-M&A dispute. The sellers claim for earn-out while our client seeks for the partial reduction of the purchase price
- defending a company in a representation and warranties dispute
- advising France Télécom within the context of various actions for damages and further stock corporation law proceedings in connection with an aborted joint venture with a German telecommunications company