We have one of the broadest, deepest and most globally integrated funds practices of any leading law firm. Over the last two years, our investment funds specialists have represented sponsors raising in excess of US$160bn and investors committing in excess of US$20bn to a range of regulated and unregulated funds spanning private equity, real estate, infrastructure, debt and traditional strategies. Leading investment management companies, investment and commercial banks and institutional investors rely on our expertise in complex, challenging cross-border funds products that bridge disciplines and regulatory regimes.
Our experienced practitioners advise on the structuring, formation, taxation and regulation of all types of investment funds for investment in all types of asset classes including alternative asset classes such as real estate, debt, derivatives and other alternative financial instruments, private equity, infrastructure and green energy type investments as well as more traditional asset classes.
We also actively represent a select group of institutional investors, including public and private US and non-US retirement plans, funds of funds, sovereign wealth funds, foundations and endowments with respect to their investments in private investment funds.
We are a full service firm and offer you a “one-stop-shop”, delivering comprehensive and co-ordinated advice and assistance. With our experience, jurisdictional coverage, and drawing upon the world class expertise of our regulatory, tax, employment and corporate teams, we offer you seamless advice on a global scale.
We have expertise in:
- providing strategic house structuring advice, including currently in relation to Brexit;
- structuring and organising offshore and domestic open and closed-ended investment companies, limited partnerships, unit trusts, investment trusts, and other vehicles, including: real estate funds; infrastructure funds; private equity funds; hedge funds and other alternative investment funds as well as retail funds such as UCTIS for investors located throughout the world;
- structuring and establishing carried interest and other remuneration and co-investment schemes;
- structuring and advising on co-investment vehicles and direct co-investments;
- representing a diverse group of leading institutional investors with respect to their private fund investments;
- investment fund/asset management spin outs and IPOs;
- reconstruction, mergers and migration of investment funds;
- local financial services legislation in relevant jurisdictions; and
- tax structuring/planning for investment funds.