In addition to our sponsor practice, we also have a strong and diverse investor practice. We are experienced in the commercial, tax, regulatory and logistical concerns that need to be married when investing.
We have acted for a diverse cross-section of investors across the range of their private funds activities. We represent major Asian and Middle Eastern sovereign wealth funds, development finance institutions and more than 20 Canadian, Australian and Dutch pension funds. As a result, we are experts in everything from a lengthy cornerstone investor negotiation to an individual, bespoke investment management arrangement.
By acting for a wide range of investors we gain exposure to the broader market and the latest approach to fund terms. Acting on both sides of the table gives us a deep understanding of the drivers that influence sponsors and investors and provides us with a rounded perspective of the market. This allows us to anticipate all aspects involved in the life-cycle of a fund and offer advice accordingly.
Some examples of our recent investor representation transactions include advising:
- an Asian sovereign wealth fund on their investment into a Central and Eastern European buy-out fund
- a Canadian pension fund and a large sovereign wealth fund on their investments into Permira Growth, totalling US$200m each
- a large sovereign wealth fund on its US$500m commitment to Brookfield Infrastructure Fund III
- a large sovereign wealth fund on its US$250m investment into GSO Capital Solutions Fund III LP
- a North American pension fund on their €600m cornerstone investment in EPIC Fund, a European focused private equity fund
- a large Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund on its investment into CVC Capital partners VI