Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Insolvency
The U.S. bankruptcy, restructuring and insolvency team advises lending institutions, investment funds, financial advisors and global companies in all phases of in-court and out-of-court restructurings and workouts. The team has extensive experience advising in pure domestic distressed situations and is uniquely situated to bring to bear multi-jurisdictional advice in the most complex cases of cross-border distress.
The team was recognized in Tier 3 in Restructuring and Insolvency in the 2016 edition of IFLR1000.
Members of our team have advised:
- the administrative agent for the senior secured lender group in the prearranged Chapter 11 case of Memorial Production Operating LLC
- the administrative agent for the senior secured lender group in the prepackaged 36-day Chapter 11 case of Atlas Resource Partners L.P. (now known as Titan Energy, LLC)
- the administrative agent for the senior secured lender group in the highly litigious Chapter 11 cases of Sabine Oil & Gas and its affiliated debtors
- the administrative agent for the senior secured lender group to Total Terminals International, LLC, with respect to an out-of-court restructuring necessitated by Hanjin Shipping’s corporate rehabilitation proceeding in Korea and Chapter 15 proceeding in the U.S.
- a global financial institution with respect to its senior secured vessel loans in the Chapter 11 cases of the Greek shipping company Toisa Ltd.
- the administrative agent for the prepetition first lien lenders and postpetition lenders in the Chapter 11 case of Velo Holdings
- an ad hoc committee of noteholders in connection with the restructuring of over €1bn of New York law governed notes issued by Codere, a leading Spanish private gaming company, including its chapter 15 filing
- the coordinating committee of senior lenders on the comprehensive £2.3bn debt restructuring of hibu (f/k/a Yell), a multinational directories and internet services company headquartered in the UK. Named Global Finance Deal of the Year, Restructuring and Insolvency, by The American Lawyer
- the Spanish media conglomerate Prisa on a potential chapter 11 filing in connection with the completion of its ultimately consensual €3.3bn debt restructuring
- the coordinating committee of senior vessel lenders in connection with the approximately US$3bn debt restructuring of ZIM Integrated Shipping Services, a Israeli container shipping company, on U.S. restructuring options
- Towergate Finance on its pending English schemes of arrangement adjusting approximately £1bn of debt and its related petition for chapter 15 recognition
- an ad hoc group of exchange bondholders in connection with the negotiation of an inter-creditor resolution of the high profile litigation involving the Republic of Argentina and certain holdout bondholders
- PwC, as the joint administrators of Lehman Brothers International (Europe),the UK broker dealer of the Lehman group, on the successful prosecution of billions of dollars of claims against Lehman Brothers, the U.S. broker dealer, Lehman Brothers Holdings, the global parent, and certain of its U.S. affiliates in their U.S. bankruptcy cases (Restructuring Deal of the Year, IFLR Americas Awards 2013
- CGG S.A. and its subsidiaries in connection with its cross-border financial restructuring implemented through chapter 11 and chapter 15 cases for it and certain of its U.S. and non-U.S. subsidiaries