Corporate Partner, Hong Kong SAR
“I have in-depth knowledge and experience of advising on China-related corporate deals, particularly M&A transactions, helping clients to bridge legal, practical and cultural differences to expedite their business.”
Education and qualifications
Kevin advises Hong Kong-listed companies on corporate finance and share transactions, including strategic investments and public and private M&A, international public offerings and listings for various types of companies and international investment banks. He also advises a number of listed companies on Hong Kong Listing Rules compliance issues and corporate governance matters.
Kevin has substantial experience advising on Chinese inbound and outbound investments, having advised on many of the market’s most significant deals over the past 15 years.
Kevin is based in the firm’s Hong Kong office and travels regularly to the firm’s Beijing office, where he was based from 2013 to 2017. He also spent three months on secondment to the firm’s Shanghai office in 2007.
- Broadford Global on its chain principle offer for the H shares of Dalian Port
- ICBC on its privatisation of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Asia)
- Sinotrans Shipping (Holdings) on its privatisation of Sinotrans Shipping Ltd. By way of a scheme or arrangement
- the financial adviser on the chain principle offer by Baosteel Hong Kong for the H shares of Maanshan Iron & Steel, the privatisation of China Power Clean Energy by way of a scheme of arrangement and the merger of CNBM and Sinoma by way of a securities exchange
- China Merchants Group on its merger with Sinotrans & CSC Holdings
- China Merchants Port on its acquisition of Port of Newcastle, TCP Participacoes in Brazil, its strategic investment in Dalian Port and its investment in Sri Lanka Hambantota Port, and on its disposal of its interest in Shenzhen Chiwan, the Western Cross Harbour Tunnel and its cold chain business
- COSCO Shipping Ports on its acquisition of the Vado Terminals in Italy and its investment in Abu Dhabi Khalifa Port
- RBS on its strategic investment in Bank of China
- Wuhan Iron and Steel Corporation (WISCO) on its acquisition of the global tailored blank business from Thyssenkrupp
Initial public offerings and listings
- the issuer in the initial public offering and listing of the shares of China Railway Group, Bank of Communications, Harbin Bank and Uni-President China on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- the sponsors and underwriters in the initial public offering and listing of the shares of Shandong Gold, China Merchants Bank, Orient Securities, CGN Meiya Power, Rizhao Port Jurong, China SCE Properties, China Aoyuan and New World Department Stores and the proposed listing of Hutchison China MediTech, Zhaogangwang Inc, NW Hotels and RKE International Holdings on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
Other corporate financing
- ICBC, China Construction Bank, Bank of Communications, Postal Savings Bank, Huishang Bank and China Zheshang Bank on the offering and listing of offshore preference shares
- China Merchants Port on its USD1.96 billion open offer of mandatory convertible securities
- Orient Victory China on its open offer of shares with an alternative for unlisted perpetual convertible securities
- CP Lotus on its open offer of unlisted convertible preference shares
Education and qualifications
Kevin studied law at the University of Hong Kong and holds a master’s in law from Sidney Sussex College, University of Cambridge.
He speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.