Mirthe van Kesteren
Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Member of the New York Bar
Mirthe heads up the emerging markets banking and structured trade finance practice in London and co-heads the firm's CIS desk. She has extensive experience of a variety of structured banking transactions and restructurings in emerging markets, as well as structured trade and commodity (including borrowing base) financings, acting for banks and borrowers, including sovereigns.
Recent transactions she has led include advising:
- Petroplus on its US$2bn restructuring
- Kazakhmys plc on its US$1.5bn loan facility for Aktogay copper project
- the banks in connection with an up to US$2bn borrowing base facility for Essar Oil (UK) Limited to part finance its acquisition of the Stanlow refinery
- the banks in connection with a US$100m financing for the Milkiland Group, a Dutch entity owning dairy assets in Ukraine and Russia
- Citi in connection with a US$55m facility for the Agricultural Development Bank of Ghana to refinance its existing structured remittance backed facility
- Barclays Capital on a US$2bn facility for Sberbank of Russia
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch on US$900m multicurrency revolving facilities for Intertek Group
- the banks on the US$214.2m and €64.2m secured term and revolving loan facilities for AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group N.V.
She has also acted in financings for trading companies such as Glencore, Trafigura and Stemcor.
2007 to date Partner, Linklaters
2005 - 2007 Managing Associate, Linklaters
1999 - 2005 Associate, Clifford Chance
1997 - 1999 Trainee Solicitor, Clifford Chance
1995 - 1996 The College of Law, Guildford
1992 - 1995 Kingston University LL.B (Hons)