Corporate Partner, Singapore
“I am a corporate lawyer with a broad experience of cross-border M&A, joint venture and restructuring transactions. In particular, I focus on advising financial sponsor and private equity clients. I make a point of getting to know my clients and their business and take pride in assisting them in successfully managing and executing their most important and complex transactions by delivering robust and commercially focussed legal advice and solutions.”
Education and qualifications
Parthiv advises a wide range of clients from major corporates, large financial institutions and financial sponsor and private equity clients on all forms of corporate advice and transactions including public and private M&A, joint ventures and restructurings. He has a particular focus on advising private equity houses and financial sponsor clients and their portfolio companies.
Parthiv was previously based in the firm’s London office where he spent the majority of his career. He has also previously worked in our New York and Hong Kong offices. Whilst in London, Parthiv was one of the main relationship contacts for both Lloyds Development Capital (LDC) and Mayfair Equity Partners.
Parthiv has advised on a wide range of transactions in Asia. Highlights include advising:
- Temasek on its Series E investment in PT Aplikasi Karya Anak Bangsa (AKAB), the owner of GO-JEK, Indonesia's leading ride-hailing and on-demand mobile application
- Affinity Equity Partners on its acquisition from Laureate Education Inc. of a 100% interest in INTI University and Colleges in Malaysia via a competitive auction process
- Bank of East Asia on its acquisition with LOLC of PRASAC Microfinance Institution, the largest microfinance institution in Cambodia, and the associated consortium shareholder arrangements
- the management and employees of Tricor Holdings Limited on their investment into the holding vehicle established and controlled by Permira for the purposes of its US$835m acquisition of Tricor Holdings from The Bank of East Asia and NWS Holdings
- Standard Chartered on the sale of its interest in Merchant Solutions to First Data Inc.
- Qatar Holdings on its joint venture investment into the Pavilion development in Kuala Lumpur
- Hillhouse Capital on its Series D investment and the related shareholder arrangements into Traveloka, Indonesia's largest online travel search company
Parthiv has also advised on a number of private equity transactions in Europe. Highlights include advising:
- Lloyds Development Capital on a number of acquisitions, including of Fevertree Drinks, D&D Restaurant Group, Capital Economics Research, Bluestone Group and Imagine Nation (a theatre and media group), and on a number of disposals, including of Easynet Group to Equistone and Ocean Outdoor to Searchlight Capital
- Mayfair Equity Partners on a number of transactions including the acquisition of Yo! Sushi restaurant group from Quilvest
- Cerberus Capital on a number of transactions including the acquisition of MCS Group and the acquisition (with Arrow Global) of a credit card loan portfolio from Santander
- Oaktree Capital on the acquisition of Life Company Consolidation Group (LCCG) and arrangements with the founders of LCCG, LCCG on the acquisition of IBRC Assurance Company and AXA on the sale of its Isle of Man business to LCCG
Education and qualifications
Parthiv studied law at the University of Nottingham.