Education and qualifications
Sarah is a partner in our London Tax group. She specialises in corporate tax and advises on a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, demergers, corporate restructurings and tax planning. Sarah also possesses significant expertise in the areas of finance tax and contentious tax. Sarah has a particular interest in the technology sector and is a member of the firm’s Tech committee.
Sarah was ranked as the 4th top female M&A lawyer by MergerLinks in October 2019.
- the Delphi (now Aptiv) group on a complex intra-group restructuring and separation of its Powertrain and propulsion technology division from its automation and self-drive business
- Unilever on its successful defence of Kraft Heinz’s $143bn takeover bid
- Dialog Semiconductor on the sale to Apple of certain technology assets in relation to power management and chip development
- a leading financial institution on its Brexit planning and internal reorganisation proposals
- Rosneft on the $13bn acquisition of a 49.9% interest in Essar Oil Limited
- Cookson (now Vesuvius) on the separation and demerger of its Performance Materials business
- a leading bank on a contentious matter relating to the tax consequences of certain remuneration structures for employees
- Serco on the disposal of its Indian ‘Business Process Outsourcing’ operations to Blackstone