“Over the past two decades, I have managed arbitration and litigation disputes, including cross-border cases. I specialise in commercial litigation, property and shareholders disputes, representing international and global companies before all common courts and arbitral tribunals.”
Education and qualifications
Zbigniew is a Polish qualified lawyer (radca prawny) with over 25 years of experience in providing legal advice on litigation and arbitration. His expertise involves disputes relating to commercial, company, property, regulatory as well as unfair competition issues decided in Polish common courts and Polish Supreme Court.
Zbigniew has also gained considerable expertise in domestic as well as international commercial arbitration and investment arbitration representing clients before all of the major Polish and foreign arbitration bodies, and ad hoc arbitral tribunals.
Throughout his career, Zbigniew has successfully acted for global corporations and financial institutions in the most challenging disputes, including the ones drawing Polish media attention. He is continually singled out by Chambers Europe as of the most competent dispute resolution practitioners in Poland.
Zbigniew has acted in many of the high-profile leading disputes. These include advising:
- BNP Paribas Bank Polska in a high-profile class action litigation over damage claims brought by former clients of Amber Gold (a company considered as being Poland's largest pyramid scheme to date)
- mBank in litigation over damages claims brought by a number of individuals alleging negligence by the bank in its provision of banking services to a company which offered sophisticated financial services (foreign exchange (forex) trading)
- A leading bank operating in Poland in the proceedings initiated by the bank's appeal against the decision of the Polish Competition Authority declaring the provision referring to the bank's exchange rate applied in loan agreements linked to CHF as unfair
- LCP Properties, one of Europe’s largest capital groups investing on the real property market, in numerous disputes over non-performance of commercial and developer agreements regarding five locations in Poland against the client’s former business partner
- NCS, the operator of the National Stadium in Warsaw, in a number of litigations regarding the breach of a contract for the construction of the stadium signed with a consortium led by the Alpine Bau group. As a result of the talks, the client concluded a court settlement by virtue of which, among other things, the contractors renounced their claims towards the State Treasury of over PLN 400 million