Banking and Finance Partner, London
“I advise on finance transactions focusing on complex leveraged finance deals across the capital spectrum, including fund finance transactions. I have expertise in structuring new money deals (offering a wealth of experience in restructuring such deals) ensuring the certainty of outcome for lender, sponsor and corporate clients. I am recognised as being diligent, commercial and pragmatic.”
Education and qualifications
Annette is a senior banking and finance partner with extensive experience of cross border leveraged finance transactions. She regularly advises financial institutions and alternative credit providers, corporates, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in mid-market and large-cap leveraged deals, as well as fund finance transactions.
Annette has a breadth of leverage product knowledge across the capital spectrum having developed and worked on a multitude of debt structures (including first out/last out, PIK, unitranche, second lien and mezzanine structures), European and U.S. Term Loan B (TLB), covenant-lite, super senior revolving credit facilities and pari high yield bond transactions, as well as the restructuring of those transactions.
Annette’s extensive knowledge of all financing options has been key to the successful execution of a number of deals for a range of clients. She has been at the forefront of developing innovative structures, especially during the increasing convergence of terms within, and between, products and markets. She has been closely involved in market developments more frequently requiring the use of the direct lending alternative credit market.
Annette has led on many high-profile banking deals. Recent significant transactions where she was substantially involved include:
- advising various funds in respect of fund finance (including capital call facilities/equity bridge/NAV facilities) including a circa $3bn hybrid syndicated fund finance facility
- acting for BNP, Mizuho, Nomura, Santander and SMBC as underwriters of a USD 3.275bn senior “holdco minority shareholding” term loan facility in connection with the acquisition by a consortium formed by BlackRock Infra and KKR of a 40% shareholding in ADNOC Oil Pipelines LLC (Target), a newly established Abu Dhabi subsidiary of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), which remains 60% owned by ADNOC Infrastructure LLC
- advising funds managed by Alcentra Limited in connection with their unitranche financing to refinance Ebury Partners UK Limited
- advising funds managed by Alcentra Limited as the unitranche lenders and a syndicate consisting of Investec Bank plc, Lloyds Bank plc, National Westminster Bank plc and Santander UK plc as the super senior lenders on a first out last out financing for Varde’s acquisition of Equiom Group
- advising the mandated lead arrangers on a new TLB, RCF and bridge facility, and to the initial purchasers of the senior unsecured high yield bonds put in place for the acquisition of AeskuLab Holding, a.s. and Alpha Medical, s.r.o., two Czech/Slovakian laboratory diagnostics providers, by Unilabs, a portfolio company of Apax Partners
Annette has written many articles for a number of publications, including the Loan Market Association (LMA), the Loan Syndications and Trading Association (LSTA), Private Equity News and The Lawyer, on topics including unitranche financing and alternative lending, amongst other issues of relevance to both the private equity and leveraged finance markets.
She is often quoted in private equity and alternative lending publications, such as the Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker, and is a regular speaker at both Linklaters own and externally-sponsored seminars.Annette co-authored “Secured Transaction Law Survey, The Legal Framework for Secured Credit: An Australian Perspective – Taking, Maintaining And Enforcing Security”, (Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Finance Law, Volume 16 (2), (3) February-March 2001).
Education and qualifications
Annette studied law and commerce at the University of New South Wales.
Annette is a dual qualified English and Australian solicitor, and previously practised at Mallesons in Australia.
She speaks English and Armenian.