Banking Partner, Asia Managing Partner, Hong Kong SAR
“I have extensive experience in banking transactions across the credit spectrum. I am pragmatic, commercially focused and take satisfaction in assisting clients to complete their strategically important, complex deals.”
Education and qualifications
Nathalie advises lenders (international and regional banks) and borrowers (corporates and funds) on acquisition financing, structured lending, leveraged finance and real estate finance and lenders on share-backed and receivables financings in the Asia region.
In addition, Nathalie has led both China inbound and outbound acquisition financing transactions and, with others in the Hong Kong and China team, closely follows the changing regulations in the PRC to assist clients in structuring transactions in light of evolving regulations.
Nathalie is the firm’s regional managing partner for Asia. She has previously held a variety of management and governance positions within the firm, including two years on the Partnership Board, as head of the firm’s Asia banking & projects practice, as head of knowledge & learning for Asia and as managing partner of the Paris office.
Before moving to Hong Kong, Nathalie was a partner in the firm’s Paris office for 11 years, working principally on leveraged finance deals for private equity sponsors and banks. She was also one of the lead partners in a number of restructurings, including the first ever use of the safeguard procedure in the context of a debt restructuring.
Nathalie has led on a number of major financings in the PRC and the rest of Asia. These include advising:
- a global investment bank on the financing of the US$6.8bn public takeover acquisition of Belle International, China’s largest footwear retailer and the world’s largest distributor for Adidas and the second largest for Nike
- the arrangers on the acquisition by Barings Private Equity of Interplex, a Singapore-listed company
- Hony Capital, the largest Chinese private equity fund, on the debt financing to fund the acquisition of PizzaExpress
PRC related financings:
- international banks on onshore/offshore financings (in the real estate and other sectors)
- lenders on growth capital financings with PRC and non-PRC borrowers
- investors on convertible loans for PRC groups
Hong Kong and regional financings:
- the arranger on the financing of the acquisition of a Pacific island resort
- international banks on share backed financings in Japan, Australia, India, Singapore and Hong Kong
- Citibank as arranger of the refinancing of a portfolio of UK properties for the Malaysian pension fund, EPF
- Hong Kong Telecommunications (HKT) on the financing of its acquisition of CSL New World Mobility (CSL)
- the arrangers on the refinancing of the CP All acquisition of Siam Makro in Thailand