The team integrates innovative tax structuring expertise with the highest quality advisory skills to give clients a comprehensive cross-border tax service.
Over 120 Linklaters tax experts worldwide advise on all aspects of cross-border advisory and transactional tax matters. Particular fields of expertise include M&A and joint ventures, capital raising, tax based and structured finance, as well as real estate and investment funds. In tax disputes, the contentious tax team is renowned for its creative approach to tax litigation.
Recent tax transactions include advising:
- Thyssenkrupp on the group’s division into two independent companies Thyssenkrupp Materials AG and Thyssenkrupp Industrials AG as well as on the sale of its elevator business to a consortium led by Advent, Cinven and RAG-Stiftung
- Linde Group on the merger with Praxair and the resulting carve-out activities
- E.ON on the acquisition of RWE's 76.8% stake in innogy SE via a far-reaching exchange of assets and participations
- LetterOne Group on the US$21bn business combination of its oil and gas subsidiary DEA with BASF subsidiary Wintershall
- Procter & Gamble in connection with the acquisition of the consumer health business from Merck KGaA
- Deere & Company on its US$5.2bn acquisition of the global business activities of the Wirtgen Group
- Bayer on the dual track procedure for its plastic division “Bayer MaterialScience” with 60 countries involved and the subsequent IPO of Covestro