Social Elections 2020
With the end of the year approaching, preparations for the electoral procedure for the social elections of 2020 have commenced. Between 13 and 26 December 2019, employers will have to start fulfilling the first formalities for the social elections, which are to be held between 11 and 24 May 2020.
In order to inform you about your company's obligations regarding the 2020 social elections, Linklaters Belgium's Employment Law Department has prepared a detailed information note on all the conditions to be met and the procedures to be followed.
Click here (French version) / here (Dutch version) if you would like to know more about the functioning and organisation of social elections, including:
- which companies should organize social elections;
- the employee representative bodies to be constituted;
- the candidates and the electoral lists;
- the different deadlines to be respected during the procedure; and
- the possibilities of appeal and the sanctions applicable in the event of non-compliance with the procedure.