“Over the past two decades, I have managed arbitration and litigation disputes, including cross-border cases. I specialise in commercial litigation, property and shareholders disputes, representing international and global companies before all common courts and arbitral tribunals.”
Education and qualifications
Zbigniew is a Polish qualified lawyer (radca prawny) with over 25 years of experience in providing legal advice on litigation and arbitration. His expertise involves disputes relating to commercial, company, property, regulatory as well as unfair competition issues decided in Polish common courts and Polish Supreme Court.
Zbigniew has also gained considerable expertise in domestic as well as international commercial arbitration and investment arbitration representing clients before all of the major Polish and foreign arbitration bodies, and ad hoc arbitral tribunals.
Throughout his career, Zbigniew has successfully acted for global corporations and financial institutions in the most challenging disputes, including the ones drawing Polish media attention. He is continually singled out by Chambers Europe as of the most competent litigation, arbitration and investigations practitioners in Poland.
Zbigniew has acted in many of the high-profile leading disputes. These include advising:
- BNP Paribas Bank Polska: representing the client in a high-profile class action litigation over damage claims brought by former clients of Amber Gold, a company considered as being Poland's largest pyramid scheme to date.
- Producer of mining chemicals: representing the client in number of private enforcement proceedings before common courts (involving compensation claims by alleged cartel agreement) of a total value exceeding PLN 230 million.
- Kronospan Group companies: representing the client in a high-profile dispute before the Court for the Protection of Competition and Consumers (SOKiK) against a decision by the Polish Competition Authority on allegedly restrictive horizontal agreements.
- Leading bank in Poland: representing the client in a landmark dispute concerning claims to invalidate a mortgage loan with a variable interest rate due to its link to WIBOR.
- Leading bank in Europe: representing the client in three disputes with clients of the bank seeking compensation for the damages, caused by the alleged bank’s negligence in offering high risk financial instruments and derivatives.
- Global tools manufacturer: representation the client in unfair competition dispute related to infringements of the client’s industrial property on Polish and international markets by its competitors.