Banking Partner, London
“I am an expert in leveraged finance, advising both on new lending and on distressed situations. I work both with borrowers and lenders, delivering innovative and pragmatic advice to clients promptly and succinctly.”
Education and qualifications
Daniel has extensive experience in leveraged finance transactions and financial restructurings, as well as high yield bond issuances. He acts for a variety of borrowers (focusing on financial sponsors and their portfolio companies) and lenders (focusing on private capital providers, in particular special situations and credit opportunities funds). He has wide-ranging expertise in both new money financings and restructurings, enabling him to deliver comprehensive and commercial advice to his clients.
Daniel is also actively involved with the firm’s initiatives surrounding Canada, including developing and maintaining Canadian client and institutional relationships.
Daniel has worked on an array of market-leading matters. These include advising:
- Hg’s Genesis 7 Fund, Montagu and other selling investors on the sale of a stake in Visma to a consortium of investors including Hg Saturn 2 Fund, TPG, Warburg Pincus and CPPIB. The transaction values the business at US$12.2bn and is the largest ever buy-out of a software company
- Montagu Private Equity on the financing supporting their successful bid for the Waystone group, a leading fund governance and regulatory business
- Montagu Private Equity on the financing of its acquisition of Jane’s, a leading provider of open source intelligence
- Montagu Private Equity on the financing of its acquisition of Miraclon (the former flexographic printing division of Kodak)
- Telemos Capital on the financing supporting the merger of the Lovehoney Group and the WOW Tech Group.
- Pemberton Asset Management on the financing for Permira’s acquisition of Quotient Life Sciences from GHO Capital
- Alcentra on the financing for the acquisition The Fertility Partnership by Impilo
- Arcmont (formerly BlueBay) on the refinancing of Golden Goose S.p.A.
- Cerberus Capital Management on the financing of its successful bid for Worldwide Flight Services, as well as in implementing financing under the US CARES Act in response to the Covid-19 pandemic
- PSP Investments on its investment in the £2.2bn Silver Lake-backed offer for ZPG plc and related financing
- PSP Investments as part of the consortium alongside BC Partners and OTPP on the EUR 2.6bn acquisition of CeramTec from Cinven
- Strategic Value Partners on various ongoing portfolio companies and potential investments
Daniel is an occasional speaker at Loan Markets Association conferences, speaking about topics such as leveraged inter-creditor terms and multi-layered capital structures.
Education and qualifications
Daniel graduated from the University of Ottawa (Ontario, Canada) with a bachelor degree in civil law and an honours degree in common law.