Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions
The U.S. corporate/M&A team represents a wide range of leading U.S. and international corporations, financial institutions and private equity funds. The team has extensive experience with both public and private domestic and cross-border transactions.
Representative experience includes advising:
- Digital Colony Partners on multiple digital infrastructure transactions in Latin America and Europe, including (i) the acquisition of Highline, an independent telecom infrastructure solutions provider in Brazil, (ii) the acquisition of Andean Telecom Partners, an independent telecom infrastructure solutions provider in the Andean region, (iii) the acquisition of Etix, a European company offering a worldwide network of colocation data centre services, and (iv) the establishment of a European platform under its portfolio company “Vantage” for the acquisition of colocation data centre services in Europe.
- Marfrig Global Foods S.A. on (i) the US$2.4bn sale of Keystone Foods, its U.S. and Asia chicken business, to Tyson Foods, Inc., (ii) the initial US$969m acquisition of a 51% interest in the U.S. beef processor, National Beef Packing Company, LLC, (iii) and the follow-up US$970m acquisition of a further 31% interest in National Beef, and (iv) the US$150m acquisition of Iowa Premium.
- Whirlpool Corporation on the US$1.08bn sale of its Embraco compressor business to Nidec Corporation, a leading manufacturer of electric motors.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited in relation to the acquisition of the entire issued and to be issued ordinary share capital of Shire plc in the largest takeover ever carried out by a Japanese company.
- Sibanye Gold on its US$2.2bn acquisition of Stillwater Mining Company and related equity issuance.
- Xtep International Holdings on its US$260m acquisition of a 100% stake in E-Land Footwear USA Holdings Inc. (the owner of the K-Swiss, Palladium and Supra brands) from E-Land World Limited, the parent company of the E-Land Group and E-Land USA Holdings Inc.
- DONG Energy Wind Power U.S. Inc., now Ørsted, on its entry into a 50/50 joint venture with Eversource Energy to develop, construct and operate a utility-scale wind project off the coast of Massachusetts with the potential to generate over 2,000 megawatts of electricity.
- Sibanye-Stillwater on its transaction with Regulus Resources that led to the formation and spinoff of Aldebaran Resources.
- Petrobras on its US$3bn joint venture with Murphy Oil to exploit oil producing assets in the Gulf of Mexico, U.S.