Partner, New York
The principal focus of his practice has been the representation of banks and other financial institutions in the restructuring of large syndicated credit facilities extended to borrowers in a wide range of businesses and industries, including health care, automotive, energy, steel, retail, financial, textile, real estate, media, entertainment and telecom. In addition, Robert represents investors in and acquirers of distressed companies in workouts and chapter 11 cases, as well as financial advisors in connection with retention matters.
Robert was recognized in Corporate Restructuring (including bankruptcy) in the 2015 edition of Legal 500 U.S. and was named a “Rising Star” in Restructuring & Insolvency in the 2014 - 2017 editions of IFLR1000.
- Sound Point Capital Management: acting as the exit lender under a US$425m trade receivables facility to Centric Brands, Inc. in connection with its emergence from chapter 11 cases.
- An asset manager: acting as sole lender and arranger under a receivables facility to a specialty marine equipment provider.
- Santander: advising in connection with the chapter 11 cases of LATAM Airlines Group.
- An ad hoc group of noteholders: advising in connection with the chapter 11 cases of Toys R Us.
- An ad hoc group of revolving lenders: advising in connection with the multi-jurisdictional restructuring of an aircraft leasing company.
- Lehman Brothers International (Europe) (in administration): advising in connection with its scheme of arrangement and chapter 15 case and related litigation.
Robert is a member of the New York Bar
2017 to date Partner, Linklaters, New York
2012 - 2017 Counsel, Linklaters, New York
2007 - 2012 Senior Attorney, Cravath Swaine & Moore LLP, New York
2001 - 2007 Associate, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, New York
1998 - 2001 Associate, Proskauer Rose LLP, New York
1998 - Duke University School of Law, J.D.
1995 - Duke University, B.A., summa cum laude
- “Bankruptcy & Restructuring Annual Review 2014 United States”, Financier Worldwide, July 2014
- “Debtors May Preclude Secured Lenders from Credit Bidding in a Free and Clear Sale in a Chapter 11 Cramdown Plan”, LexisNexis Emerging Issues Analysis, March 2010
- “Bankruptcy Litigation: A Brief Primer, Including Some Unique Features and Complexities”, Practising Law Institute, Fall 2010
- “How to Raise Capital for a Financially Troubled Company”, The Americas Restructuring and Insolvency Guide, 2008/2009