Restructuring & Insolvency Partner, London
“I advise on complex restructurings, offering clients strong technical expertise, significant transactional experience and commercial insight from my time as a managing director with a leading global investment bank.”
Education and qualifications
Sarah specialises in large, complex debt and equity restructuring matters. She has a particular focus on debtor advisory and capital structure solutions, including bank debt restructurings, distressed mergers and acquisitions, exchange offers and structured financing. Sarah has extensive cross-border and international experience advising corporate debtors and their directors across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Prior to joining Linklaters, Sarah worked for 12 years at Goldman Sachs in London as a managing director in the restructuring advisory and financing group. Prior to joining the investment bank, she also spent 14 years working as a lawyer in private practice.
Since joining Linklaters
- Four Season Healthcare: advising on the restructuring of its care homes business.
- Capita: advising on stakeholder negotiations and related rights issue.
- GHG Healthcare: advising the lenders on its restructuring via pre-packaged administration.
- The Great Northern Hotel: advising the mezzanine lender on enforcement and taking control of the Great Northern Hotel.
- New Look: advising the company on its £1.35 billion debt restructuring via scheme of arrangement.
- Lecta Limited: advising the company on its multijurisdictional balance sheet restructuring and recapitalisation effected via a UK Scheme of Arrangement and Spanish homologación;
- intu Properties PLC and its subsidiaries: advising in relation to its balance sheet restructuring across its 17 financing substructures;
Prior to joining Linklaters
- Eurotunnel: structuring a £2.8bn rescue financing to refinance creditors on Eurotunnel’s restructuring.
- MBIA: advising the monoline insurer on several projects including London’s A13.
- Cheyne, Whistlejacket and Mainsail: advising on the restructuring of the SIVs.
- Barchester Healthcare: advising on the restructuring of its Opco/Propco structure.
- Punch Taverns: advising on the restructuring of its whole business securitisations.
- Royal Imtech: advising the Dutch company on its amend and extend, rescue rights issue and subsequent restructuring.
- Bain Capital: advising the investment firm on Edcon, the South African retailer, on a discounted exchange offer for subordinated notes and its subsequent debt for equity swap.
Sarah is a member of the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association and the City of London Solicitors’ Company.
Sarah sits on the volunteer advisory panel for TwinsUK, a research unit focussed on age-related diseases based in the Department of Twin Research, Kings College, London.
Education and qualifications
Sarah obtained a Pure Mathematics degree (BA Hons) at the University of Liverpool.
Sarah also obtained a post graduate diploma in law (CPE) and a post graduate diploma in legal practice (LPC) at Manchester Metropolitan University.