Significant amendments to the Securities and Futures Act (Cap. 289) ("SFA") take effect - what are the implications for your business?
In this client alert, we will summarise five key (non-exhaustive) areas at a high level:
- Expanded and streamlined capital markets services licensing regime
- Reclassification of non-retail investors, and introduction of opt-in/opt-out
- New and revised conduct of business obligations
- Changes to the market operator regime
- Legislative framework for the regulation of financial benchmarks