Executive Compensation and ERISA
The U.S. executive compensation and ERISA team advises clients on all aspects of compensation and benefits, including corporate, securities, tax laws, stock exchange listing requirements and ERISA. This team has extensive experience in the structuring, negotiation and preparation of employment, retention and severance agreements, the design and implementation of executive incentive programs, equity-based plans and deferred compensation programs, and the preparation of tax-qualified retirement and welfare plans. In addition, we have broad experience with respect to the ERISA requirements applicable to the investment of pension plan assets, and regularly advise financial institutions and investment funds on the ERISA aspects of the structuring and operation of all types of investment funds and structured financial products.
Recent experience includes advising:
- several U.S.-based global investment banks on international compliance with the securities, exchange control, regulatory and labor laws of each applicable jurisdiction in which it provides equity compensation and U.S. retirement plans and health and welfare benefits
- Sanofi-aventis on employee benefits aspects in connection with its acquisition of Merck & Co.’s half of joint venture Merial, an animal-health company, and subsequent acquisition of Schering-Plough’s Intervet (pending)
- Anheuser-Busch on its U.S. executive compensation programs
- National Grid on a broad range of employment and employee benefits issues
- RBS on executive compensation aspects in connection with the disposition of certain U.S. operations