Capital Markets Partner, London
"I specialise in derivatives and structured products using my prior experience as a corporate, banking and securitisation lawyer to provide innovative and bespoke solutions to clients."
Education and qualifications
Mark specialises in derivatives and structured product (in both over-the -counter and securitised format) across a wide range of asset classes, including commodities, credit, equity, foreign exchange, funds, longevity and rates. His range of work covers advising on ISDA Master Agreements and collateral documents, leveraged finance hedging, balance sheet structured products programmes, repackaging programmes and credit risk mitigation structures. Over recent years he has acquired particular expertise in financial indices, combining knowledge of the regulatory aspects with experience in drafting index rules and structuring index linked products.
Mark leads the Firm’s Islamic derivatives practice, and has experience of advising on murabaha, mudaraba and wakala based structures.
Mark was previously based in the Firm’s Tokyo Office where he led the Asian securitisation and structured finance practice.
Mark’s experience includes advising on:
- multiple IOSCO and EU benchmark regulation compliance projects
- the first UK pension fund longevity swap
- the first whole business securitisation
- multiple true sale and synthetic securitisations
- the administration of Lehman Brothers International Europe
- a number of Part VII banking and insurance business transfer schemes and
- the privatisations of British Steel plc and British Telecommunications plc