Restructuring & Insolvency Partner, London
“I advise on complex restructurings, offering clients strong technical expertise, significant transactional experience and commercial insight from my time as a managing director with a leading global investment bank.”
Education and qualifications
Sarah is a partner in our London office and specialises in special situations including capital structure solutions.
She has experience in large, complex debt and equity restructuring matters and has a particular focus on capital structure solutions. Her expertise includes bank and bond debt restructurings, distressed mergers and acquisitions, exchange offers and structured financing. Prior to joining Linklaters, Sarah worked for 12 years at Goldman Sachs in London as a managing director in the capital structure solutions group and 14 years working in private practice in London, Paris and Tokyo.
Since joining Linklaters
- Four Season Healthcare: advising on the restructuring of its care homes business.
- Capita: advising on stakeholder negotiations and related rights issue.
- GHG Healthcare: advising the lenders on its restructuring via pre-packaged administration.
- The Great Northern Hotel: advising the mezzanine lender on enforcement and taking control of the Great Northern Hotel.
- New Look: advising the company on its £1.35 billion debt restructuring via scheme of arrangement.
- Lecta: advising the company on the restructuring via sale and scheme of arrangement.
- intu: advising the company in relation to its ongoing review of strategic options in light of COVID-19 issues.
Prior to joining Linklaters
- Eurotunnel: structuring a £2.8bn rescue financing to refinance creditors on Eurotunnel’s restructuring.
- MBIA: advising the monoline insurer on several projects including London’s A13.
- Cheyne, Whistlejacket and Mainsail: advising on the restructuring of the SIVs.
- Barchester Healthcare: advising on the restructuring of its Opco/Propco structure.
- Punch Taverns: advising on the restructuring of its whole business securitisations.
- Royal Imtech: advising the Dutch company on its amend and extend, rescue rights issue and subsequent restructuring.
- Bain Capital: advising the investment firm on Edcon, the South African retailer, on a discounted exchange offer for subordinated notes and its subsequent debt for equity swap.
Sarah is a member of the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association and the City of London Solicitors’ Company.
Sarah sits on the volunteer advisory panel for TwinsUK, a research unit focussed on age-related diseases based in the Department of Twin Research, Kings College, London.
Education and qualifications
Sarah obtained a Pure Mathematics degree (BA Hons) at the University of Liverpool.
Sarah also obtained a post graduate diploma in law (CPE) and a post graduate diploma in legal practice (LPC) at Manchester Metropolitan University.