Real Estate M&A
Our real estate M&A lawyers devise a range of innovative structures to ensure that clients maximise value, share risk, enhance returns and mitigate tax costs.
Our global real estate M&A team has the expertise to help clients select the right structure for potential investments, from funding, acquisition, sale and leaseback, joint venture and development through to exit. The team has advised on many of the largest recent cross-border real estate M&A deals to have come to market.
The team is uniquely able to draw on market-leading global teams in complementary disciplines, such as real estate funds, tax and banking law.
Recent transactions include advising:
- AustralianSuper on two separate investments into the Kings Cross Central redevelopment
- Brookfield on its £4.6bn hostile takeover of Songbird Estates, the holding company of the Canary Wharf Group
- Schroder REIM, acting on behalf of a joint venture between two European institutional investors, on the acquisition of all the shares in Bastion Tower 1 SA and Bastion Tower 2 SA, owning together the landmark Bastion Tower in Brussels
- Ivanhoe Cambridge on the acquisition and subsequent sale of the “Vremena Goda” luxury shopping centre in Moscow
- Swedish fund Niam on the €160m acquisition of an office portfolio consisting of two office buildings in Krakow and Katowice, offering more than 63,000 sq m of lettable space
- Dogus Holding in relation to the acquisition of Mercati, an Italian company operating in the real estate sector
- Echo Investment, Poland’s largest developer, on the €273m disposal of landmark Q22 skyscraper to a global investment firm Invesco Real Estate. Q22 is a modern, recently built high-rise office building located in the centre of Warsaw
- AG Real Estate on the acquisition of their first and second portfolio of nursing homes; these were the client's first investment in this asset class in Germany