Linklaters in Bangkok advises global and Thai corporations and financial institutions on their most complex transactions.
Clients value our depth of experience of the Thai market. When you combine our local knowledge and experience with the firm’s regional and global expertise and resources, the offering is unparalleled.
Whether a deal involves international clients looking to invest in Thailand or Thai clients seeking opportunities abroad, we offer an unrivalled network that links the Bangkok office with colleagues around the world, providing clients with the global expertise needed to get their deals done.
Linklaters is best known in Asia for delivering the highest quality across the broadest platform. In Bangkok we advise across a range of practice areas including the full range of financing law: banking, projects, acquisition finance and real estate finance; all areas of capital markets, including international securities advice and structured finance; and our corporate/M&A team is recognised as a market leader for all disciplines, including private equity.
We are also well known in Thailand for our sector expertise covering energy, chemicals, oil and gas, telecommunication, banking and financial resources, real estate, retail and media and technology.
Recent significant transactions include advising:
- Sahaviriya Steel Industries Public Company Limited and Sahaviriya Steel Industries UK Limited (as borrowers and purchaser) on the USD 1.4 billion acquisition financing for Tata Steel's Teesside Cast Products. One of the largest cross border acquisitions ever undertaken by a Thai company and one of the largest financings raised by a Thai company;
- Wind Energy Holding Co., Ltd (WEH), Aeolus Power Co., Ltd, First Korat Wind Co. Ltd (FKW), K.R. Two Co., Ltd. (KR2) and Ratchaburi Electricity Generating Holding Public Company Limited (Ratch) on the equity investment, project financing, mezzanine financing and development of two 103.5 MW Wind Farms in Thailand;
- Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited in connection with several facilities in an aggregate amount of approximately US$350 million to Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited for its acquisitions in USA and Mexico;
- Glow Energy Public Company Limited, a GDF Suez Group Company, on its THB 5.555 billion bond issue;
- Pramerica, through its real estate fund, ASPF II Ananda 2 GmbH, for the disposition of all its shares and subordinated loans in Ananda Development Two Co., Ltd., a condominium development company, to its majority shareholder, Ananda Development Co., Ltd; and
- ArcelorMittal on its proposed acquisition of 40 per cent. in G Steel Public Company Limited.
Linklaters operates in Thailand through Linklaters (Thailand) Ltd, an affiliate of Linklaters LLP.