Named by FinanceAsia in 2016 as the Best Law Firm in Asia over the past 20 years, Linklaters’ reputation, quality and consistency is world-class. With offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore and Bangkok, Linklaters’ reach is truly regional.
In Australia, Vietnam & Papua New Guinea, we work closely with our alliance partner Allens. While the two firms are independent, we have complementary practices that enable us to provide a fully integrated service to clients.
In fast-growing jurisdictions such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam, our track record of advising major global clients on large-scale corporate, capital markets, banking and project finance transactions is unrivalled. Our strong contacts with leading local law firms allow our clients to benefit from the best possible global and domestic legal advice.
Linklaters is the leading international legal adviser on One Belt One Road. One Belt One Road is the Chinese Government’s economic development policy for the Asia region and into the Middle East, Eurasia and Africa. Linklaters is providing the legal advice essential to the implementation delivery of complex and multi-jurisdictional deals as part of One Belt One Road, in sectors such as energy and infrastructure. We were awarded the Asian Legal Business Hong Kong Law Award as Energy and Resources Law Firm of the Year in recognition of its leading work in this sector.
Previously awarded the Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Asia Pacific Award, our reputation for legal innovation is second to none, having advised on ground-breaking legal transactions and opening up new asset classes for investors.
Recent significant transactions in these jurisdictions include advising:
- Bank of China on the establishment of its USD5 billion China Covered Note Programme and the initial offering by Bank of China London Branch of USD 500 million China Green Covered Bonds due 2019 to be listed on the London Stock Exchange;
- Cinda’s US$3.2 billion issuance of 4.45% Additional Tier 1 Preference Shares - the first ever issuance of AT1 capital by a non-bank PRC financial institution and the largest USD fixed income offering by a PRC issuer in 2016;
- All lenders and ECAs including KEXIM and K-Sure, Chinese banks, and Russian banks on US$20bn Yamal LNG project financing in Russia, sponsored by Total, Novatek and CNPC;
- Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect - establishing mutual stock access between mainland China and Hong Kong;
- Baosteel Group’s issuance of a US$500 million bond exchangeable into Hong Kong listed H-shares of China Construction Bank Corporation;
- Morgan Stanley Asia Limited on the THB 15,617,839,500 initial public offering in Thailand of up to 345,018,900 newly issued ordinary shares and up to 1,390,296,600 existing ordinary shares of par value THB 6.92 each of Star Petroleum Refining Public Company Limited by SPRC and PTT Public Company Limited, respectively;
- On one of the largest and most complex project financing deals along the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor: Pakistan and China have signed financing agreements amounting to approximately US$1.95 billion for the development of the Thar Block II 3.8 MT/A coal mining project and associated 2x330MW coal-fired power plant to be developed in the Thar region of Pakistan.
As an employer across the region, Linklaters encourages all employees to bring 100% of themselves to work. We have been a proud platinum sponsor for Hong Kong’s landmark LGBTI event - PinkDot. Linklaters Tokyo in 2016 received the Gold Award as part of the Pride Index prescribed by non-profit LGBT organisation Work With Pride (wwP). As a firm we value diversity of all kinds, whether in working styles, sexual orientation, gender, faiths and beliefs.