Linklaters is one of the pre-eminent transactional law firms in Italy. Offices in Milan and Rome are home to lawyers offering a full range of Italian, English and New York law advice.
The firm focuses on complex and high value domestic and multi-jurisdictional deals. Leading global companies and financial institutions particularly value the expertise of Linklaters’ Italian offices in corporate/M&A, antitrust, employment, banking & finance, restructuring, energy, infrastructure, project finance, public law, capital markets, structured finance, litigation and regulatory work.
Recent significant transactions include advising
- Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena in structuring the €6.5bn capital increase in connection with the issuance of New Financial Instruments subscribed for by the Italian Government
- Banco Popolare in the €5.25bn multi-originators securitisation transaction of performing loans
- Telecom Italia Finance and Telecom Italia in the issue of €1.3bn mandatory convertible bonds
- The banks in connection with the IPO of Moncler
- Sisal, the Italian gaming company, on a €275m high yield bond issue
- The banks on the €1.5bn financing in connection with the public tender offer launched by Salini on the shares of Impregilo
- The banks on the €500m issue of high yield bond by Rhiag
- Giochi Preziosi and its subsidiaries in the context of the €390m restructuring of the financial indebtedness of the group
- Asssiting the lenders in the financing for the acquisition of the Marelli Motori Group by Carlyle
- Assisting Novartis AG and Novartis Farma S.p.A. before the Italian Competition Authority and the Italian courts in proceedings concerning alleged anti competitive practices in the sector for the treatment of ocular diseases
- Assisting the South African Ministry of Treasury in the implementation of its c.6GW renewables energy programme
- Assisting Eni S.p.A. in their sale of 28.57% of Eni East Africa S.p.A. to a subsidiary of China National Petroleum Corporation
- Assisting Dixons Retail plc in its investment (together with the private equity house Rhone Capital) in UniEuro and Marcopolo to form one of Italy’s largest retailers of electrical goods
- advising Banca Popolare di Sondrio, Banca Popolare di Milano, Banca Popolare di Mantova, Banca MedioCredito del Friuli Venezia Giulia and Cassa di Risparmio di Ferrara with respect to the proof of claim procedure under the Italian Bankruptcy Law (“insinuazione al passivo”) against Nuova Pansac for the recovery of their post-restructuring claims
- Acting for Ambienta in the acquisition of IP Cleaning
- Acting for Triton in relation to the purchase of the Seves Group to occur in the context of the restructuring pursuant to art.182-bis of the Italian bankruptcy law of the financial indebtedness of the Group
Linklaters operates in Italy through a local partnership, Studio Legale Associato, which is an affiliate of Linklaters LLP.