Linklaters named Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the FT
07 October 2016
Linklaters triumphed at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards Europe, being named the most innovative European Law Firm of 2016. The firm was also ranked ‘standout’ and ‘highly commended’ in a number of categories, including the Resourcing and Efficiency category, Human Resources category and for General Legal Expertise.
The FT highlighted that Linklaters was awarded the most Innovative European Law Firm of 2016 because the firm embedded efficiency so firmly into the business that it is changing the culture of the organisation and the way our lawyers think about their work and clients.
Gideon Moore, Firmwide Managing Partner at Linklaters, says: “This is a fantastic achievement for the firm. We are delighted that our focus on providing clients with ever more innovative solutions has been recognised in this way. I am particularly proud that we have received awards for a number of our new people initiatives – people are our biggest asset and we need to create an environment where they can be their very best, and fulfil their potential."
The full list of rankings include:
- Most Innovative European Law Firm
- Innovation in Resourcing and Efficiency – ranked ‘standout’ for document automation, using Artificial Intelligence and process improvements
- Innovation in Technology and Data Analytics – ranked ‘commended’ for an in-house built system, which automatically searches and classifies banking clients’ customers to help them comply with new ring-fencing legislation
- Innovation in Human Resources – ranked ‘standout’ for The Jam (using crowdsourcing over a 72-hour period to source ideas from across the globe on how the firm could improve its staff’s work-life balance). Also ranked ‘highly commended’ for a structured approach to work allocation (using dedicated resource managers and customised software to help the firm provide fair opportunities for associates) and ‘commended’ for a multifaceted programme which led to Linklaters being named one of only 11 UK government-recognised Social Mobility Business Compact champions.
- Innovation in General Legal Expertise – ranked ‘standout’ for designing a unique procurement model to present the Thames Tideway Tunnel project as a ready-made package to potential bidders, instead of bidders having to present their own proposals
- Innovation in Mergers and Acquisitions – ranked ‘highly commended’ for advising SABMiller during its takeover by AB InBev, achieving six offer-price increases and ensuring that the board remained cohesive
- Innovation in New Markets and Capital – ranked ‘highly commended’ for seeing an opportunity to use a new Irish investment structure to create a fast and flexible investment club product for Deutsche Bank customers.
Now in its eleventh year of publication, the FT Innovative Lawyers Report has become one of the top legal rankings in Europe and the accompanying awards are widely regarded as the best researched in the market. Over the past decade, it has assessed legal innovation in over 50 different countries from over 400 unique law firms and over 400 company in-house legal departments.
For further information please contact Surinder Sian on +44 207 456 4842.