Omnis Remote is the Windows 10 remote access solution that allows Linklaters staff to work remotely without an Omnis Device. Omnis Remote now replaces Firefly as the remote working solution, and in meeting rooms. For the duration of UAT, Omnis Remote will not be available in meeting rooms; please continue to use Firefly for meeting room access during this time.
Omnis Remote is a temporary desktop and therefore will not have all your personalisation’s. You will need to check in your work to DocExplorer if stepping away for 30 minutes+.
There are two steps you will need to complete in order to get up and running with Omnis Remote. You will need your mobile phone to hand to complete the set-up of Azure MFA.
1. Set up Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (Azure MFA)
Omnis Remote has an extra layer of security that will need to be set up in advance of using Omnis Remote for the first time. It will require you to verify your attempt to start a remote desktop using either an app, that can be downloaded to a corporate or personal mobile, or through a verification phone call. You can set this up here. Further detail on how to set this up can be found in the Windows user guide or the Mac user guide.
2. Install the Omnis Remote client to your PC, Mac or Tablet
Select the suitable client for your device from the options below.
Follow the remaining instructions of the user guide. For instructions on completing the download on a Mac, please see here.
Below are some key points to note about the new Omnis Remote:
- Anything not saved to Workfolders, the H: drive, or DocExplorer will be lost. Please make sure you save your documents and files before disconnecting or leaving an Omnis Remote desktop idle. Any session left open but untouched for 30 minutes will be automatically ended.
- The core Omnis applications will be available on your Omnis Remote desktop but some niche applications may not be available. If an application you need isn’t there then you can apply to have it added to a future version of the Omnis Remote desktop.
- You can only test the Omnis Remote solution from a non-Linklaters PC and you will not be able to download the client application onto your Omnis device.
- Please do download the Omnis Remote application and check that you can connect before you need to use this to work from home.
- Your OneNote notepads are not automatically available in Omnis Remote. Please refer to the Best Practice Guide for more information
- For Best Practice and some additional guidance, please click here.