Education and qualifications
John is a corporate partner who advises on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, with a focus on the Energy and Infrastructure sector. He advises on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, co-investments and carve-outs, often with a cross-border element.
John previously worked at OMERS Infrastructure, one of the world’s leading infrastructure investors, as Managing Director and global co-head of legal.
- Vantage Towers: advising KKR and GIP on the acquisition of a co-control interest in Vantage Towers from Vodafone.
- GD Towers: advising on an unsuccessful bid for a 51% interest in Deutsche Telekom’s towers businesses in Germany and Austria.
- GlasfaserPlus: advising IFM Global Infrastructure Fund on its investment in a joint venture formed with Deutsche Telekom to roll out FttH in Germany.
- VTG: advising OMERS Infrastructure on its acquisition of an interest in VTG, a European private rail wagon leasing business.
- Groendus: advising APG and OMERS Infrastructure on the acquisition of Groendus, an energy transition platform in the Netherlands.
Work highlights continued
- Caruna: advising OMERS Infrastructure on its disposal of a 40% interest in Caruna, a Finnish electricity distribution operator, to KKR and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.
- XpFibre: advising OMERS Infrastructure on its investment in XpFibre, a joint venture formed with Altice for the roll out of FttH in France.
- Infrareal: advising Swiss Life Asset Managers and Gelsenwasser on their acquisition of Infrareal, the owner and operator of two life science industrial parks in Germany.
- Aves One: advising Swiss Life Asset Managers and Vauban Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of Aves One, one of the leading holders of rail assets in Europe.
- Aramco Oil Pipeline: advising EIG on its acquisition of a 49% equity stake in Aramco Oil Pipelines Company, a joint venture formed with Saudi Aramco to hold a 25-year lease over Aramco’s stabilized crude oil pipeline network.
- Applegreen: advising Blackstone Infrastructure on the acquisition of Applegreen plc, the owner and operator of motorway services areas in Ireland, the UK and the United States.
- Deutsche Glasfaser / inexio: advising on the acquisition of Deutsche Glasfaser and inexio, creating a platform for the roll out of FttH in Germany.
- HS1: advising on the acquisition and disposal of High Speed 1, the high-speed railway linking London with the Channel Tunnel.
- N4G: advising on the acquisition of NET4GAS, the Czech gas transmission operator.