"I am trusted by leading financial sponsors to deliver their most important transactions across Europe and beyond."
Ben co-heads the global financial sponsors sector at Linklaters. He advises private equity houses and other financial sponsors across all forms of leveraged M&A, co-investments, disposals, restructurings and portfolio company issues. A regular fixture on Europe’s most high-profile private equity transactions, Ben is recommended as a leading private equity lawyer by Chambers, Legal 500 and IFLR and is described as having ‘good commercial judgment’ and being ‘unflappable and pragmatic’. Ben is also a trustee for the Social Mobility Foundation.
- Apax Partners on the sale of shares in Neuraxpharm, a leading European pharmaceutical company, to funds advised by Permira. This is reported to be the biggest European pharma deal of 2020
- Hg’s Genesis 7 Fund, Montagu and other selling investors on the sale of a stake in Visma to a consortium of investors including Hg Saturn 2 Fund, TPG, Warburg Pincus and CPPIB. The transaction values the business at US$12.2bn and is the largest ever buy-out of a software company
- Macquarie Infrastructure & Real Assets and its portfolio company, Wheelabrator Technologies Inc., on the sale of Wheelabrator’s UK waste-to-energy business to First Sentier Investors
- Centerbridge on their acquisition of Solidus Solutions, a pan-European manufacturing business, from Aurelius
- ION Investment Group on their acquisition of Acuris (Mergermarket) from BC Partners
- BC Partners on their acquisition of VetPartners
- Advent on the P2P for Laird plc
- CPPIB and TCV on the acquisition of Sportradar AG, a swiss headquartered sports data business from EQT and others