Partner and Head of U.S. Antitrust & Foreign Investment Group, Washington, D.C.
“I regularly represent large multinational corporations in merger control proceedings as well as advise on compliance issues, non-compete provisions and joint ventures. I bring many years of commercial and antitrust experience to bear in advocating for my clients to realize their business objectives.”
Education & Qualifications
Antonia represents clients in merger and non-merger investigations before the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice. She has over 20 years of experience advising clients on the antitrust aspects of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other business arrangements, with a particular focus on complying with and obtaining merger clearances under the U.S. Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and the laws of non-U.S. jurisdictions.
Antonia regularly advises large multinational corporations in sectors such as oil and gas, pharmaceuticals and industrial gasses. She also has a broad range of experience advising private equity firms on fund acquisitions and bolt-ons. She is recognized in Chambers USA and Legal 500, and has been named to LawDragon’s 2024 Top Litigation Lawyers in America.
Antonia’s work highlights include:
- BP: advising on the merger control aspects of various transactions, including its joint venture with Kinder Morgan involving 14 BP terminals and the sale of its Decatur plant to Indorama.
- Ørsted: advising on its Bay State Wind joint venture with Evercore.
- Linde AG: advising on its US$90bn merger of equals with Praxair Inc.
- Siemens: advising on the merger of its wind turbines business with that of Gamesa.
- Novartis: advising on its strategic portfolio transformation involving the acquisition of GSK’s global oncology business and the sale of its vaccines business; its acquisition of Spinifex Pharmaceuticals; and its acquisition of Advanced Accelerator Applications S.A.
- Marfrig Global Foods S.A.: advising on its acquisition of Western Beef, its sale of Keystone Foods LLC to Tyson Foods Inc., and the pending sale of its Latin American beef business to Minerva.
- Petrobras: advising on several asset disposals, including the sale of its Pasadena refinery to Chevron.
In the field of antitrust, Antonia has been recognized in Chambers USA and named as a "Rising Star" in IFLR1000.
Earlier in her career, Antonia served as an associate at Shearman & Sterling. She was a Vice President of Broadgate Consulting LLC before joining Linklaters.
Antonia currently serves on the Recruitment and Retention Committee for Linklaters’ global U.S. Practice.
Education & Qualifications
Antonia has a bachelor's degree from Amherst College, where she graduated magna cum laude. She holds a Juris Doctor, with honors, from Emory University School of Law.