Danelle Le Cren
Banking Partner, New York
My practice includes advising clients on a wide range of U.S. financial products with a focus on the Americas and Europe; I offer clients expert, practical and commercially focused advice that helps them achieve their goals.
Education and qualifications
Danelle is a New York law-qualified senior banking partner who splits her time between London and New York and advises on complex domestic and cross-border finance transactions, including leveraged and acquisition finance and restructuring/workout matters. She has specialist expertise in U.S. and European Term Loan B (TLB) transactions.
Danelle also advises on corporate, infrastructure, asset, ECA, project and tax-based finance transactions. Danelle is also the lead U.S. relationship partner for a number of the firm’s major banking clients.
Danelle has led on a number of significant and complex banking transactions. Examples of her experience include advising:
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company in relation to its £46bn recommended offer for Shire plc, the largest ever outbound M&A deal by a Japanese company
- the initial lenders under a US$1.5 billion term loan facility to AT&T to finance the purchase of telecommunications equipment in the United States and Mexico
- Sibanye Gold Limited on its US$2.7 billion financing of the acquisition of Stillwater Mining Company
- the administrative agent for the sensor secured lender group under a US$700m loan to Atlas Resources Partners, an oil and gas company operating in the U.S. in connection with a pre-packaged Chapter 11 plan and the related exit facility
- Steinhoff International Holdings N.V., a South African-based international retailer, on the US$4bn financing of its acquisition of U.S. retailer, Mattress Firm Holding Corp.
- the administrative agent for the senior secured lender group to Memorial Production Operating LLC, an oil and gas company operating in the US in connection with the restructuring of its US$925 credit facility
- the administrative agent on the restructuring of US$320m credit agreement for a company that operates major container terminals in the U.S.
- the administrative agent on a senior secured US$300m covenant-lite TLB and revolving credit facility refinancing for Hudson Products Holding, a U.S.-based manufacturer of heat exchangers
- the administrative agent on a senior secured US$200m of finance for H.I.G. Capital’s acquisition of ATX Networks, a developer of radio frequency and digital video processing equipment
Danelle is heavily involved in the work of the unglobalcompact.org, alongside partner Tom Shropshire, supporting the initiative for general counsel to play a greater role in advancing corporate sustainability.
Danelle has written extensively on leveraged and acquisition finance subjects. Her articles include:
Translating High Yield to Leveraged Loans: Avoiding Covenant Convergence Confusion, Lending & Secured Finance 2016
Term Loan B’s Problems at the Border, International Financial Law Review, May 2015
Education and qualifications
Danelle completed a bachelor of commerce at the University of Otago, New Zealand and a bachelor of laws at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand.