Energy & Infrastructure Partner, Dubai
Matt is a partner in the energy & infrastructure team who advises governments, sponsors, borrowers and commercial banks, DFIs and Export Credit Agencies on a wide range of first-of-a-kind transactions across the full spectrum of energy and infrastructure assets, including energy transition, He has over 25 years’ experience of advising on large scale project development and financing, bringing a deep understanding of managing a project from inception through development to operation.
Matt’s recent experience includes advising:
- NEOM Residential Communities, Saudi Arabia: advising NEOM on the procurement and development of its residential communities’ project, a social infrastructure project that will house the growing workforce of the region taking shape in northwest Saudi Arabia. This is the largest accommodation PPP project in the region and one of the largest PPP projects in the Middle East to date.
- Taiba and Qassim IPPs, Saudi Arabia: advising Saudi Power Procurement Company on the development of two 3.5GW greenfield gas fired IPPs located in Taiba and Qassim.
- Project One, Belgium: advising INEOS on the first greenfield petrochemicals project in Western Europe for over 20 years located in the Port of Antwerp in Belgium.
- Mirfa IWPP refinancing, UAE: advising the lenders on the refinancing of the US$1.5bn Engie-sponsored Mirfa IWPP in Abu Dhabi.(MENA Refinancing – Power & Water Deal of the Year, IJ Global Awards 2022)
- NEOM Contractor Communities, Saudi Arabia: advising NEOM on the development and financing of its Contractor Communities on a DBO basis.
- ADNOC's Gas Gathering System, UAE: advising a successful bidder on its bid to acquire a minority stake in ADNOC’s gas gathering system in Abu Dhabi.
- First Schools PPP, Jordan: advising IFC and the Government of Jordan on the first wave of schools PPP projects in the country.